First of all, let me thank Sarah from @Between the Pages for nominating me for this award! I needed something to motivate me to start blogging again and stop binging Downton Abbey….hehe whoops.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they wrote for you.
- Nominate 11 people.
- Give them your set of 11 questions to answer.
1. What fictional character would you choose as your best friend?
I’m like the biggest Marissa Meyer fangirl (the biggest ever) so I’m thinking someone from the crew of the Rampion. It would be so cool to be best friends with Cinder or even (sigh) Thorne. All of them just sound like such amazing people!
2. Do you think there’s such thing as people who hate to read?
Yes I do. I know people who can’t even stand looking at books and I that’s okay for them. Sure, they’re definitely missing out and big time, but people are people. Not everyone is going to like everything, or the same thing.
3. What book to movie adaption are you most looking forward too?
The non-existent-but-will-happen-really-soon-or-someone-is-dying book to movie (or TV series) of the A Court of Thorns and Roses/ACOMAF. I just really, really want to see it happen! That or (bringing out my Marissa fangilness again) a TV adaptation of The Lunar Chronicles – there are so many endless possibilities!
4. Longest quote you have committed to memory?
I’m not really sure, because quote memorizing isn’t something I’ve ever really done. I’ve memorized bits and pieces of quotes from Les Mis just because they’re all so pretty like, “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise” but other than that, I haven’t really memorized anything. Oh wait, I did memorize half of Romeo’s soliloquy for fun, you know the “But soft, what light through yonder window breaks…”
5. One super hyped over book you haven’t even picked up?
There’s a lot of hyped books that I haven’t read, and not just brand new ones. I haven’t read The Hunger Games and don’t ever wish to, I haven’t read The Girl on the Train (which seemed to be pretty hyped), I haven’t read the Divergent trilogy. There’s plenty of books out there that are super hyped but I don’t have any desire to read/pick up.
6. Best book cover and title?
Two titles I love are All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doeer and For Darkness Shows the stars by Diana Peterfreund. They’re just both so pretty. For covers, I love the covers to the A Court of Thorns and Roses covers and I also love the cover to Caraval by Stephanie Garber….
7. A perfectly written YA novel?
Ahhh I do love YA! It’s so hard to think, because I have little problems sometimes with certain things authors will do. Though I’m not quite finished with it, Winter by (you guessed it) Marissa Meyer has been absolutely perfect and amazing and beautiful and ahhh fangirling. Gosh, I am really sorry I keep talking about Marissa Meyer.
8. How old is your blog, and around what age did you start?
My blog is a little over one month old right now (ahh so tiny!). I had made the blog a long time ago but didn’t posted anything until February 22nd, and now here we are! Age as is what age I am/was when I started? Hmm… I’m not to sure I want to state my age yet. Let’s just say I’m younger :).
9. Will you ever abandon your blog?
Well I certainly don’t intend to… Sure, there might be times like this week when I simply didn’t have time for blogging and things got a little crazy (or maybe I was just watching too much Downton Abbey) but I don’t ever plan on ‘abandoning’ my blog!
Well that wraps it up for this post! I’m sorry if you find it boring… I realize as I am later looking through this that I mostly fangirled over Marissa Meyer and Sarah J. Maas… Whoops. But what can I say? They are both amazing authors!
- Do you like book to movie/tv series adaptations?
- Are you a fast reader or a slow reader? Do you prefer to read multiple books at once or one at a time?
- What is one book that was really hyped up that you ended up not liking?
- What is the worst book you ever read?
- Do you believe in DNFs, or do you always finish a book no matter what?
- Reading while listening to music or no?
- Stand-alones or series(s)
- Why do you read?
- If you could live in one fictional world, what would it be?
- Who is your current fictional boyfriend (or girlfriend I guess) and why are you together?
- Besides reading, do you have any other hobbies?
people I nominate:
| Sarah – Breathepages |
| Courtney – Interrobang Books|
| Helen – allbookloves |
|Belle – mybookcastle |
Okay so I’m only nominating four people. Like I said, I’m new to this whole blogging thing, so I don’t know many bloggers and I didn’t want to nominate someone who had already done it!